- Posted by Amy Spagnola
- On January 19, 2017
- 0 Comments
With February looming, it’s important to prepare for tax season in mid-April. What are some of the most important deadlines in 2017?
- The IRS will open filing season on January 23, 2017
- Taxes are due April 18, 2017 as the typical tax day April 15 falls on a Saturday in 2017 (Personal Federal Income Tax)
- Need an extension? Filing form 4868 will give you a brief reprieve and allow you until October 17, 2017 to file your 2016 taxes
- There will be a delay in 2017 returns due to holidays for Presidents’ Day on February 20th
- The IRS paid refunds on nearly 75 percent of last year’s tax returns totaling 153 million returns with refunds averaging around $2500
Need help with your 2017 taxes? Our Longmont office of accountants will take the sting and stress out of this year’s 2017 tax season. Contact us today!