- Posted by Amy Spagnola
- On September 8, 2016
- 0 Comments
Are you ready to strike out on your own and become the boss of You, Inc.? Whether you’re starting a nail salon, pet shop, restaurant or home business, there are many tips for ways to save on your taxes as a self-employed person.
Here are 5 Ways to Save if You’re Self-Employed:
1. Deduct Those Startup Costs-From that brand new printer to legal advising to advertisements, go ahead and deduct those initial expenses.
2. Health Insurance Premiums-Self-employed individuals may be able to deduct their medical insurance and the costs for family insurance plans.
3. Vehicle Expenses-From mileage to the actual cost of the car, self-employed workers can deduct many auto-related expenses.
4. Home Office Costs-For those who are working for themselves out of their residence, there may be home expense deductions available.
5. Supplies-From paper to laptops, the self-employed can deduct equipment used exclusively for business.
Whether you’re a contractor, freelancer or self-employed business owner, at Gebauer and Company, we can help you save money and file your taxes correctly. Click here to contact one of our CPAs today!